Boundaries are a cornerstone of professional practice, which provide safety in both patient and colleague interactions. They can also contribute to improved clinician wellbeing.
This interactive course examines the importance of boundaries in clinical practice and highlights common scenarios where boundaries can become eroded, and difficulties arise.
Via a mix of guided learning , small group discussions and examination of cases, delegates will be invited to explore:
- key societal changes which act to place pressure on professional boundaries
- the range of boundaries necessary to support safety and wellbeing, including emotional, physical, mental, social, and sexual
- the spectrum of risk associated with boundaries
- boundary crossings vs boundary violations and the impact of transference
- regulatory guidance associated with boundaries including areas such as personal beliefs, conflicts of interest, social media, accepting gifts, sexual misconduct and treating friends and family
Application has been made to the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK for 5 CPD credits.
By the end of the course, delegates will understand their professional responsibilities in this area and be able to identify early warning signs indicative of boundary breaches. Delegates will leave equipped to develop a personal strategy for defining, communicating, protecting, and maintaining professional boundaries.
Whilst this five hour, interactive course is designed for doctor and dentists but may also be suitable for other clinicians to attend.
MDDUS medical member: £120
** To learn more or to book now.
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.