This interactive course is designed for doctors and dentists who have, or aspire to have a leadership role.
When leaders become more aware of the role of emotions in patient safety and maintaining individual and team wellbeing there is an opportunity to use this knowledge to build more supportive, safer healthcare environments.
This course explores models of emotional intelligence to help illustrate the benefits of recognising and managing your own emotions as a leader, and also how important emotions are in helping leaders influence and improve team motivation, effectiveness, problem solving and decision-making.
The association between toxic emotions and risk will be examined. Specifically, we explore:
- The role of toxic emotion handlers in teams.
- The impact of toxic emotions within clinical interactions.
- How understanding and managing these can reduce risk.
The course includes a mix of content delivery and small/whole group discussion with delegates encouraged to share own experience and good practice across the areas covered.
Application has been made to the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians for 3 CPD credits.
MDDUS medical member: £70
MDDUS dental member: £70
Primary Care Direct: £95
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.