The workshop has the following aims:
- To explore the concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion: their definitions, benefits and challenges
- To increase understanding of the legal obligations set out in the Equality Act with reference to:
- The range of protected characteristics
- Direct and indirect discrimination
- Discrimination by perception or association
- To increase awareness of what, where and how regulatory guidance applies.
- To explore challenges and good practice when ensuring compliance with requirements via the discussion of example scenarios.
- To provide some tips on how to promote equal and inclusive working relationships.
This workshop includes a mix of presentations and whole/small group discussion and is led by Liz Price, Head of Training, CPD and Risk Advisory Services at MDDUS.
This course has been accredited by the Royal College of Physicians for 2 CPD credits and provides 2.5 hours of verifiable CPD.
MDDUS Member: £70
Non-MDDUS Member: £105
Primary Care Direct Delegate: £90
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You MUST have a webcam, speaker and microphone available on the device you intend use to access the training. This will ensure you are able to fully engage with the speaker/other delegates. This also allows our CPD verification process to be robust.
- You MUST be able to access and fully participate in a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use. Please cut and paste the following URL into your internet browser to access help on how to do this. The page includes the option to join a ‘test meeting’ from the device you intend to use. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting
- If you experience any technical difficulty when checking you can access Zoom it could be because your local IT support is blocking access. If this happens you might consider using your own mobile device instead – Zoom works well on tablets.