Free webinar: Avoiding missed or delayed diagnosis claims in primary care
Join us for this one hour webinar which is designed for GPs but is likely to also be of interest to other clinicians and PMs in general practice.
Free webinar: Employment law - disciplinary hearings
Register to join this interactive MDDUS webinar where you will gain insight on how to carry out a disciplinary hearing from investigation stage to the outcome, incorporating best practice and ACAS guidance.
Government calls for GP appointments within two weeks
PATIENTS in England needing a GP appointment should get one within two weeks, according to new government plans.
MDDUS reminds members to check cover is up to date
MEMBERS are being urged to ensure their medical and dental indemnity subscription gives them the cover they need as the NHS continues to recover from the pandemic.
Scheme to reduce hospital admissions extended across Scotland
A SCHEME designed to reduce hospital admissions by delivering antibiotic treatments in people’s homes or outpatient clinics is to be rolled out across Scotland.
In this issue:
- Advice: Unwanted advances
- Practice management: Dealing with long Covid as a disability
- Patients having treatment abroad
- Call log
- Ethics: Out of office – the ethics of taking a break
- Preparing for online patient access to records
- Case file: Disputed drinking
- Case file: Delayed liver disease diagnosis
- Case file: Father restricted from accessing records
- First person: A long road
- Professionalism: Pitfalls in social media use
- Data protection: Recording telephone consultations with patients
- Wellbeing: Did I sign up for this?
- Viewpoint: End the silence
- Book choice: Am I normal?
- Vignette: John Boyd Orr (1880-1971)
Burnout in doctors doubles risk of patient safety incidents, new study finds
PATIENT safety incidents are twice as likely to happen if a doctor is suffering symptoms of burnout, a new global study has found.
Positive results for friends and family tests
THE vast majority of patient responses to the healthcare “friends and family test” (FFT) were positive, latest figures from NHS England show.
Call for new patient safety commissioners across UK
PATIENT safety commissioners should be appointed in each UK country to reduce risks in health and social care, according to a new report.
HR Alert: Managing staff absence
Employee sick days are on the rise. Read our step-by-step guide to dealing with short and long term absence.