THE nominees for the 2016 BMJ Awards have been announced.
The prestigious awards recognise excellence and innovation in patient care delivered by teams across the UK.
Now in their eighth year, they are held in association with MDDUS.
Twenty-five of the UK’s most eminent physicians, academics and policy makers were brought in to judge teams across 14 categories.
These include awards for the best in clinical leadership, Innovation into Practice, prevention and UK research paper.
Other categories recognise achievement within a range of specialty teams including diabetes, cancer care, neurology, palliative care and gastroenterology.
MDDUS is also proud to sponsor the Primary Care Team award whose nominees are:
- Somercotes Medical Centre - Carers Clinics
- Bevan Healthcare CIC – BRICSS
- North East London NHS FT - A community-based DVT service
- Hyde Locality of GPs of the Tameside and Glossop CCG - The Healthy Living Project
- Kendal Integrated Care Community - The Kendal Care Home Pilot
Winners will be announced on May 5 at a gala ceremony in the Park Plaza Hotel, London.