THE nominees for the 2014 BMJ Awards have been announced.
The prestigious awards recognise excellence and innovation in patient care delivered by teams across the UK.
Now in their sixth year, they are held in association with MDDUS.
More than 20 of the UK’s most eminent physicians, academics and policy makers - among them Professor Parveen Kumar and Dr Mike Berwick – were brought in to judge teams across 13 categories.
These include the Berwick Patient Safety Team, Clinical Leadership Team, Innovation in Healthcare, UK Research Paper, Karen Woo Surgical Team and the BMJ Lifetime Achievement Award.
Other categories recognise achievement within a range of specialty teams including diabetes, cancer care, respiratory medicine, emergency medicine and gastroenterology.
MDDUS is also proud to sponsor the Primary Care Team award whose nominees are:
- Emergency Care Practitioner Scheme, East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Minor Injury & Illness Service - Miriam Primare Care Group, Wirral CCG
- Primary Care Team, Norwood Surgery, Southport
- PAPERLESS (Paper Light Environment Project), AT Medics Limited
- Tower Hamlets General Practice Networks, Tower Hamlets NHS CCG
Winners will be announced on May 8 at a gala ceremony in the Park Plaza Hotel, London.