JOBS have been found for 138 trainee doctors who had been waiting on a reserve list since October, it has been announced.
The latest allocations were made on June 26 and means 34 trainees are still waiting for a post.
It was confirmed last October that oversubscription to the Foundation Programme had left 295 trainees without jobs. In April and May, 98 reserve list applicants were found a job with a further 138 allocated this week.
The next scheduled allocation date is July 24 but UKFPO national director Professor Derek Gallen said this could be brought forward.
He said: “I am pleased that we have successfully allocated a much higher number of applicants in this batch.
“However, we realise the importance to both applicants and employers of allocating the remaining reserve list applicants as soon possible at this stage in the process, and so we are exploring the feasibility of running another batch allocation sooner than the scheduled date of July 24.
“We will communicate more details about this as soon as we can, and will continue to support unallocated applicants during this unsettling time.”
Twenty-five doctors have withdrawn from the process in recent months. The UKFPO said trends in previous years suggest more might pull out due to “failed finals and other personal reasons.”