F1 jobs withdrawn over visa issues

FOUNDATION job applications from trainee doctors who do not have the right to work in the UK have been withdrawn due to visa problems.

The UK Foundation Programme Office (UKFPO) announced it will no longer consider any of these applications to the 2011 foundation programme and has also withdrawn job offers made to 14 people on June 15.

In a statement, the UKFPO said it had found that employing organisations in the UK had been unable to meet the requirements of UK immigration legislation relating to offering foundation posts to applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK.

Arrangements had been in place to allow individuals without the right to work in the UK to take up any foundation year 1 posts that become vacant before August as a result of placed applicant failing their final year exams.

The UKFPO had tried unsuccessfully to find a solution that would allow the doctors to work in the country by working with the UK Border Agency and its legal advisers. They considered a ‘milkround’ process and re-advertising vacant posts, but still could not find a solution that complied with immigration rules and fell within the confines of a national allocation process.

Their statement said: “In the circumstances, the UKFPO wishes to offer its sincere apologies to those applicants who have been affected by this issue and to assure all applicants that changes will be made to the recruitment process in order to ensure that similar issues do not affect future recruitment rounds.”

For registration, or any login issues, please visit our login page.