The course encompasses strategies and techniques for individual clinicians and other staff to prevent patient conflict escalating into acts of aggression and violence. It involves the effective deployment of interpersonal skills such as defusing and calming strategies, wider team tactics to de-escalate a patient conflict situation.
Content will include:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding aggressive body language
- Signalling non-aggression
- Defusing and calming techniques and strategies
- Using active listening and demonstrating empath
- Winning trust to reduce conflict and manage difficult situations
- High risk situations – confronting, challenging and managing unacceptable behaviour
- Exit strategies
This course is led by MDDUS risk adviser, Alan Frame.
Upon completion, a certificate detailing three hours of verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees.
MDDUS medical member £70
Medical Group Scheme £70
Primary Care Direct £95
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.