Content is based on advice calls and cases related to practice and patient use of technology, and the regulatory, legal, scope and process risks associated with a range of scenarios such as the following will be explored.
- Patient request for the practice to prescribe on the basis of home testing
- Carer requests for online access to patient records
- Patient recording of consultations and meetings
- Patients emailing in photographs for diagnosis
- Practice set up of virtual patient group-based clinics
- Practice use of mobiles and messaging systems for patient care
- Practice remote monitoring of patient conditions and chronic diseases
Via a mix of case presentation and small group discussion, ways in which these risks can be prepared for and mitigated will be identified.
This course is led by Liz Price, Head of Training, CPD and Risk Advisory Services at MDDUS.
Upon completion, a certificate detailing 3 hours of verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees.
Fee for attending both sessions:
MDDUS Member: £70
Non-MDDUS Member: £105
Primary Care Direct Delegate: £95
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.