Delegates will spend the first half of this course on a deep dive into self-awareness, which will be followed by practical activities. They will explore the facets of their own psyche and how these govern their responses in all situations. These include:
- Resilient Practice resilience gap analysis
- How you have been moulded by your conditioning
- The cognitive behavioural cycle
- Reflection and shadow
- The survival archetypes
- Observation diary
- Thought evaluation exercise
- Breathing exercises
- Communication skills
- Compassion versus empathy
- Introduction to meditation and mindfulness
- The white room meditation to achieve mindfulness
- A meditation with purpose
- Self-check and gratitude
- Power retrieval
- Resilient Practice Toolkit – tools mapped to delegates specific problems
After the course you will also receive a complimentary copy of ‘How to Rise – A Complete Resilience Manual’ and a digital companion workbook.
The course will be delivered by Dr Karen Forshaw (GP) and Chrissie Mowbray (physiotherapist, psychotherapist and hypnotherapist with CBT and NLP training) our training partners at Resilient Practice. Visit the website for examples of some of their tools and techniques.
Application has been made to the Royal College of Physicians for 5 hours of CPD accreditation.
MDDUS Member: £135
Non-MDDUS Member: £195
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You MUST have a webcam, speaker and microphone available on the device you intend use to access the training. This will ensure you are able to fully engage with the speaker/other delegates. This also allows our CPD verification process to be robust.
- You MUST be able to access and fully participate in a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use. Please cut and paste the following URL into your internet browser to access help on how to do this. The page includes the option to join a ‘test meeting’ from the device you intend to use. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting
- If you experience any technical difficulty when checking you can access Zoom it could be because your local IT support is blocking access. If this happens you might consider using your own mobile device instead – Zoom works well on tablets.
Read our FAQs for this event here.