Are you confident in clinical practice?
We are all influenced by fear and this can affect our practice. We are all accountable for our actions.
You have the power to build the personal resilience that is paramount for maintaining optimum performance and mental wellbeing over the course of a long career.
Join this course to explore the key concepts of self-awareness and measure your current resilience. Develop a set of core skills to reduce the risk of burnout and improve mental health. And experience a host of practical, accessible tools and techniques and become accountable without fear.
These tools and techniques include original meditations with specific purpose, mindfulness exercises, visualisation exercises, practical tools, reframing exercises, language tools, NLP techniques and breathing exercises.
Here is a simple tool to try today:
When you feel overwhelmed:
- 'Press Pause’.
- You are not your thoughts.
- Take your awareness to your breath.
- Allow it to slow and deepen for five cycles.
- Notice a feeling of calm descend.
- Bring yourself back to the current situation with a renewed sense of peace.
- To provide a good understanding of the theory behind self-awareness and it’s impact on risk reduction and safe consultations.
- To explore core skills for mastering language, decision making, mindful consulting, managing uncertainty and effectively harnessing fear.
- To teach a wide range of specific tools designed to increase self-awareness, improve confidence, reduce anxiety, enhance consultation skills, honour and address complaints, improve communication, effectively manage uncertainty, reduce conflict and foster well-being.
Delivery will include a mix of presentations, whole/small group discussion and practice of techniques.
The morning will be hosted by Liz Price, Head of Training, CPD and Risk Advisory Services at MDDUS.
Content is owned and delivered by Dr Karen Forshaw and Chrissy Mowbray, our training partners at Resilient Practice.
Visit the Resilient Practice website for examples of some of their tools and techniques.
A certificate detailing verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees.
MDDUS Member: £75
Non-MDDUS Member: £110
Primary Care Direct: £90
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.