No one goes to work with the intention of causing harm. Excellent clinical skills and clinical knowledge are necessary, but not sufficient, to deliver high levels of patient safety in a complex clinical environment. Managing Human Factors is an ethical responsibility rather than a bureaucratic activity. With informed insight and a degree of diligence we can reduce the likelihood of safety failures.
Aims and outcomes:
- To gain an understanding of what we mean by 'Human Factors' and how they arise.
- To appreciate the impact of vulnerabilities in the way in which we interpret our environment and generate situation awareness.
- To explore strategies for gaining access to information, managing cognitive biases and using the insight of the team to manage safety.
- To understand the impact of relationships and team dynamics on the flow of information around the team and strategies to manage this.
The morning will be hosted by MDDUS and delivery will include a mix of presentations and whole/small group discussion.
A certificate detailing verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees. In addition, application has been be made to the Royal College of Physicians for CPD approval.
MDDUS Member: £75
Non-MDDUS Member: £110
Primary Care Direct delegate: £90
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.