This five hour interactive course comprises a mixture of content delivery and self-directed learning/case discussion in breakout groups. The focus throughout is on the key medico-legal requirements and frameworks associated with good record keeping. Topics will include:
• GMC guidance in relation to record keeping, along with the importance of documenting key aspects of the consent process and documentation associated with use of chaperones.
• How to ensure medical records comply with data protection legislation and requirements.
• The common pitfalls associated new technology/ways of working and the impact on records will also be explored.
This course is led by MDDUS risk advisers, Kay Grant and Alan Frame.
Application has been made to the Royal College of Physicians for CPD accreditation.
MDDUS member delegate - £100
Non-MDDUS delegate – £130
Primary Care Direct – £120
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
• You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
• Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
• Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
• The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.