- Do you want to understand why you, or your colleagues, fall into destructive or unhelpful patterns of behaviour with some individuals and not others?
- Would you like to change the way you approach situations or individuals that you find frustrating, anxiety provoking or challenging?
- Have you experienced a situation or encounter with a patient or colleague which has led you to behave out of character, feel a lack of empathy or become upset?
- Would you like to help a colleague develop insight into behaviour or communication that is problematic for others in the team?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then this interactive, reflective and challenging course might be useful for you.
Via a mix of presentations and small group working, the course will help you understand the benefits of enhanced self-reflection, both after challenging events and in the moment. Real time reflection can be of great value in reducing risk, allowing unhelpful responses or actions to be avoided.
The three key skills involved in enhanced self-reflection will be discussed, explored and practiced using own scenarios allowing delegates to increase awareness, take control and to reflect rather than react.
This course is suitable for any healthcare professional and will be run as a small group based, interactive workshop led by Liz Price, Head of Training, CPD and Risk Advisory Services at MDDUS.
Application has been made to the Royal College of Physicians for 2 CPD credits.
MDDUS Member: £65
Non-MDDUS Member: £90
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.