In part two of this three part course, this session encompasses guidance on strategies to prevent conflict escalating which typically involve effective deployment of interpersonal skills such as defusing and calming strategies, or team tactics to de-escalate and normalise a conflict situation. Content will include:
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Aggressive body language
- Signalling non-aggression
- Defusing and calming strategies
- Active listening
- Winning trust
- High risk situations – confronting unacceptable behaviour
- Exit strategies
This course is led by MDDUS risk adviser, Alan Frame.
Upon completion, a certificate detailing 2 hours of verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees.
MDDUS Member: £120
Non-MDDUS Member: £175
Primary Care Direct delegate: £150
**To book your place, please click here.
- Part one of this course - Primary interventions - takes place on 17 November
- Part three of this course - Tertiary interventions - takes place on 1 December
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.