In part one of this three part course, this session encompasses guidance on actions that can be taken to prevent conflict situations arising in the first instance, or to reduce their frequency. This includes establishing policies, safe systems of working, carrying out risk assessments and providing staff with necessary training. Content will include:
- Proactive prevention measures
- Policies and safe systems of working
- Risk assessments
- Monitoring of social media activity & horizon scanning
- Adapting service or patient communications planning to proactively address identified problems
- Provision of appropriate training and education
- Recording and reporting conflict events
This course is led by MDDUS risk adviser, Alan Frame.
Upon completion, a certificate detailing 2 hours of verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees.
MDDUS Member: £120
Non-MDDUS Member: £175
Primary Care Direct delegate: £150
**To book your place, please click here.
- Part two of this course - Secondary interventions - takes place on 24 November
- Part three of this course - Tertiary interventions - takes place on 1 December
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.