This interactive course comprises two, two hour sessions over a number of weeks and is designed for administrative staff and receptionists in GP practice. Over both sessions the focus will be on maintaining patient confidentiality in a busy practice setting, highlighting practical solutions to reduce the likelihood of confidentiality breaches.
- Session one – 3 November 2021: The first session will include disclosing and sharing of information, requirements of the DPA 2018 and regulatory guidance. Delegates will participate in breakout group discussion of case studies to demonstrate how delegates can recognise and mitigate the pitfalls associated with common practice scenarios.
- Session two – 11 November 2021: In this second session, delegates will learn about the key aspects of maintaining patient confidentiality within practice systems and processes. Emerging risks associated with new ways of working with patient information such as the receipt and storage of patient photographs and use of video consultations will be considered.
This course is led by MDDUS risk adviser, Kay Grant.
Upon completion, a certificate detailing four hours of verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees.
Fee for attending both sessions:
MDDUS Member: £75
MDDUS Member - additional delegate: £40
Non-MDDUS Member: £100
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.