This interactive course comprises two, two hour sessions over a two week period and is designed for administrative staff and receptionists in GP practice.
- Session one – 16 November 2021: In this first session delegates will cover the common causes of complaints in general practice, the responsibilities of admin teams in preventing and dealing with complaints and complaint handling procedures including; timescales, early resolution and steps to escalation.
- Session two - 30 November 2021: In the second session delegates will explore the steps to take when dealing with face-to-face complaints including tips on keeping yourself safe when faced with potentially high risk encounters with angry or upset patients and the importance of an adequate incident reporting systems.
This course is led by MDDUS risk adviser, Kay Grant.
Upon completion, a certificate detailing four hours of verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees.
Fee for attending both sessions:
MDDUS Member: £75
MDDUS Member - second delegate: £40
Non-MDDUS Member: £100
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.