This course will lead delegates through the process of Expert Witness work using our extensive experience of working with Experts across regulatory and civil cases, and also at Fatal Accident Inquiries and Coroner's Inquests.
Using a mix of short talks, panel discussion and Q&A, a range of speakers including MDDUS in-house lawyers, external legal experts and experienced medical and dental experts will share their tips on how to navigate the Expert journey safely to avoid common traps.
Content will include consideration of the regulatory and legal aspects around the following:
- accepting instructions
- writing expert reports
- giving evidence and cross examination.
The course is suitable for both doctors and dentists.
Three hours of accredited CPD from the Royal College of Physicians has been applied for.
Fee for attending:
MDDUS member delegate: £100
Non-member delegate: £150
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.