Case file: Disputed drinking
...Mr Y states that he has never discussed his alcohol consumption with anyone at the practice and that any reference to his drinking is not based on fact and should be removed from his medical records...
Preparing for online patient access to records
MDDUS advisers answer common questions about managing online patient access to GP health records, which comes into effect in England in November.
Patients having treatment abroad
What responsibility do doctors have to patients seeking follow-up and support after treatment in another country?
A range of common - and not so common - queries from GPs and practice managers.
Free webinar: Avoiding missed or delayed diagnosis claims in primary care
Join us for this one hour webinar which is designed for GPs but is likely to also be of interest to other clinicians and PMs in general practice.
Free webinar: Employment law - disciplinary hearings
Register to join this interactive MDDUS webinar where you will gain insight on how to carry out a disciplinary hearing from investigation stage to the outcome, incorporating best practice and ACAS guidance.
Government calls for GP appointments within two weeks
PATIENTS in England needing a GP appointment should get one within two weeks, according to new government plans.
MDDUS reminds members to check cover is up to date
MEMBERS are being urged to ensure their medical and dental indemnity subscription gives them the cover they need as the NHS continues to recover from the pandemic.
Scheme to reduce hospital admissions extended across Scotland
A SCHEME designed to reduce hospital admissions by delivering antibiotic treatments in people’s homes or outpatient clinics is to be rolled out across Scotland.
In this issue:
- Advice: Unwanted advances
- Practice management: Dealing with long Covid as a disability
- Patients having treatment abroad
- Call log
- Ethics: Out of office – the ethics of taking a break
- Preparing for online patient access to records
- Case file: Disputed drinking
- Case file: Delayed liver disease diagnosis
- Case file: Father restricted from accessing records
- First person: A long road
- Professionalism: Pitfalls in social media use
- Data protection: Recording telephone consultations with patients
- Wellbeing: Did I sign up for this?
- Viewpoint: End the silence
- Book choice: Am I normal?
- Vignette: John Boyd Orr (1880-1971)