Notice is hereby given that the one hundred and nineteenth Annual General Meeting (AGM) of The Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (known as MDDUS) will be held on Friday 2 September 2022 at 10.00am.
The AGM is convened for the following purposes:
Ordinary Resolutions (i.e. resolutions passed by a simple majority)
Annual Report and Accounts
1. To receive and consider the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ending 31 December 2021.
MDDUS Board appointments
2. To re-appoint Ms Margaret McPhail, who retires at this time under Article 15.6 and offers herself for re-appointment, as a Director for a term of office of two years.
3. To re-appoint Dr John Taylor, who, having been appointed by the Board since the last Annual General Meeting, ceases to hold office under Article 15.15 and offers himself for re-appointment, as a Director for a term of office of three years.
4. To re-appoint BDO LLP, Chartered Accountants, as Auditor.
5. To authorise the Board to fix the remuneration of the Auditor.
Dated this day 15 August 2022
By order of the Board
Mr Bryan A. Hislop
1. A Member entitled to attend and vote at the AGM convened by this Notice is entitled to appoint a proxy to vote in the Member’s place. A proxy need not be a Member of MDDUS. An instrument of proxy must, together with any authority under which it is executed or a copy of such authority certified notarially or in some other way approved by the Board, be deposited at MDDUS, c/o The Company Secretary, 206 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5SG by Wednesday 31 August 2022 at 10.00am.
2. A vote withheld is not a vote in law and is not counted in the calculation of the proportion of votes for or against a resolution.
3. Information about the candidates for re-appointment (as held in the Register of Directors):
Ms Margaret McPhail. Service address: c/o MDDUS. Resident: Scotland. Nationality: British. Occupation: Non-executive director. Date of birth: July 1957.
The Board recommends the re-appointment of Ms McPhail so that she may continue to contribute at the Board as an experienced non-executive director and financial services professional, Vice-Chair-elect of the Board, member and Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee and member of the Actuarial, Reserving and Pricing Committee and Remuneration and Nominations Committee.
Dr John Taylor. Service address: c/o MDDUS. Resident: UK. Nationality: British. Occupation: Non-executive director. Date of birth: April 1969.
The Board recommends the re-appointment of Dr Taylor so that he may continue to contribute at the Board as an experienced non-executive director and financial services professional, member and Chair-elect of the Investment Committee and member of the Actuarial, Reserving and Pricing Committee.
Biographies of all directors are available on the MDDUS website at https://www.mddus.com/about-us/corporate-governance/mddus-board
This page was correct at the time of publication. Any guidance is intended as general guidance for members only. If you are a member and need specific advice relating to your own circumstances, please contact one of our advisers.