This course encompasses guidance on organisational arrangements and responses that can be implemented to prevent conflict situations arising in the first instance, or to reduce their frequency. This includes establishing practical policies, safe systems of working, risk assessments and providing staff with necessary training. The course will also explore steps on actions to take following incidents to prevent or reduce the potential for recurrence, including providing appropriate support for individuals and demonstrating organisational learning.
Content will include:
- Proactive organisational prevention measures
- Policies and safe systems of working
- Risk assessments
- Monitoring of social media activity & horizon scanning
- Adapting service or patient communications planning to proactively address identified problems
- Provision of appropriate training and education for patient facing staff
- Recording and reporting conflict events
- Post incident considerations, review and de-brief
- Understanding Short, medium & long term reactions to patient conflict
- Managing patients who are responsible for serious incidents
This course is led by MDDUS risk adviser, Alan Frame.
Upon completion, a certificate detailing three hours of verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees.
MDDUS medical member: £70
MDDUS dental member: £70
Medical Group Scheme: £70
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.