Are you concerned about conflict with patients arising from the pandemic arrangements?
This course is intended to compliment the three part course for practice leads (PMs, GPs and GDPs) - Managing conflict with patients - and is a standalone version of session 2 which explores the skills required of front line staff.
This session encompasses guidance on strategies to prevent conflict escalating which typically involve effective deployment of interpersonal skills such as defusing and calming strategies, or team tactics to de-escalate and normalise a conflict situation. Content will include:
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Aggressive body language
- Signalling non-aggression
- Defusing and calming strategies
- Active listening
- Winning trust
- High risk situations – confronting unacceptable behaviour
- Exit strategies
This course is led by MDDUS risk adviser, Alan Frame.
Upon completion, a certificate detailing two hours of verifiable CPD will be provided by MDDUS to all attendees.
MDDUS Member: £48
Non-MDDUS Member: £70
Primary Care Direct delegate: £63
**To book your place, please click here.
To take part in this workshop:
- You must be able to access and join a Zoom meeting from whatever device you choose to use.
- Participants require a PC or laptop which has either a webcam and microphone integrated (or attached). Alternatively delegates can use a tablet/phone (although some functionality may be unavailable and you may not be able to see all delegates).
- Participants must be willing to share their names and webcam with other participants whilst attending the workshop.
- The Training & CPD team at MDDUS will email you joining instructions to attend the course of your choice a few days before the event.